Sunday, March 10, 2019

The only constant - Change

A story in 3 Tweets. Edited slightly from how I first published them on Twitter.

Part 1:

Yes, I’m sure I have the only room key. This station’s dead now, was the terminus till they extended Silver Line. A vase was moved? - Moves. Every day. To the table, into the sink. , I’m tired of talking to a new agent every day. Where’s Moylen? Who’s that?

***

Part 2:

Tara today, yesterday Moylen. Acting like they understand. I myself to the new world each day, but it’s a new railroad, a new map, the moved vase. They don’t know what it is to be me, the only constant in a changing universe. I’m scared I’ve been changing too.

***

Part 3:

Moylen, Tara. Agent X tomorrow. I’ll bludgeon the sap to death with the glass vase. No one will know. Truth is there’s no rules. I try to , but no one cares.
You ask if this will ever end? It’s Newtonian really. Cause, effect.

Stop moving my vase, I'll stop my calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Map of my Life

This short story won Muse of the Month March 2019 award on the Women's Web site:  https://www.womensweb.in/2019/03/a-map-of-my-life-m...

Statcounter